History comes to life in Savannah’s historic cemeteries, the resting places of many notable historic figures. Participants may choose to visit Colonial Park Cemetery to learn about the first Savannahians and their contributions to our city, state, and nation; Laurel Grove North Cemetery, the final resting place of many important people from the antebellum and Civil War periods; or Laurel Grove South chronicling the history of Savannah’s African American community from slavery to leaders of the Civil Rights Movement.
SS4H3 The factors that shaped British Colonial America.
SS4H4 The causes, events, and results of the American Revolution.
- Who wrote the Declaration of Independence, how and why?
- How it was a response to tyranny and the abuse of power?
- Describe key individuals in the American Revolution with emphasis on: King
- George III, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Benedict
- Arnold, Patrick Henry, and John Adams.
SS4CG5 The student will name positive character traits of key historical figures and government leaders (honesty, patriotism, courage, trustworthiness).